Join IPS Solar and our Education Director, Michael Cartwright (a physics teacher for over 20 years) as we demonstrate the available curricula IPS Solar can provide your school. This workshop is a great way to enhance your professional development and add to your continuing education requirements.
This is a FREE Training provided by IPS Solar. IPS will be presenting some data visualization tools, as well as offering insight about how to adapt solar lessons for your classroom.
All participants will be eligible for three hours of continuing education credits and will receive Solar Activities Kits to use in their classrooms.
Afterwards, IPS will be hosting a complimentary lunch down the street at The Exchange Food & Drink. All attendes are welcome to join!
Participants at this workshop will:
– Explore solar energy curriculum for 4th & 5th graders, middle schoolers, and high schoolers
– Interact with real-time solar production data from local schools
– Collect photovoltaic statistics for series and parallel circuits
– Analyze circuit effects on potential difference and current
– Experiment with photovoltaic production for a variety of light sources
– Explore the relationship between distance from source and production